BSO Member Information
This page contains information for BSO members, such as BSO member events, rehearsals, board meeting schedule, etc.
Normal rehearsals take place on Tuesday nights from 7:15 – 9:30 p.m. at Broomfield United Methodist Church from September – May. Park and enter at the northwest side off of Emerald St. near the circular driveway and the multiple sets of windows and doors. Look for the “Sanctuary” sign above the doors.
Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to set up and be ready to play at 7:15 p.m. Entry and exit is now only via the glass doors to the left which enter directly into the sanctuary (or enter at the office door near the handicap parking until 7:30 p.m.).
A rehearsal cancellation (weather, etc.) will be posted to the top of the home page and this page by late afternoon on the day of rehearsal as soon as the decision is made, so be sure to check the website often when there is inclement weather. We’ll also try to email everyone and make calls as needed.
We accept membership dues during the rehearsals.
Once the $45 dues are paid ($50 after Oct. 31), you get $2 off each concert ticket (unlimited).
Revised Member Booklet Paragraph:
“Members will obtain a detailed rehearsal schedule before the beginning of each concert cycle. Please try to attend as many rehearsals as possible. In order to participate in a concert, your attendance is required at the wind or string sectional rehearsal(s), at the dress rehearsal, and at the rehearsal prior to the dress rehearsal. Exceptions to this policy, and determinations regarding substitutes, will be made on a case-by-case basis. (revised Aug. 2017).”
Rehearsal and Concert Info:
Please let us know as soon as you can if you cannot play a concert so that Holly can secure a replacement. Send an email to Holly using the “Personnel” email address noted below.
2019-2020 Season Dates
CONCERT SATURDAY OCTOBER 26 7:30 pm with Yi Zhao, violin
- Beethoven, Egmont Overture, Op. 84a –2(1 dbl picc) 2 2 2 4 2 0 0 strings
- Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G, BWV 1048 – Strings only: 3 parts each for violin, viola, cello. Bass plays continuo part.
- Brahms, Violin Concerto in D, Op. 77 – 2 2 2 2 4 2 0 0 timp. strings
TENTATIVE REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
- Tuesday Sept. 3: Brahms, Beethoven
- Tuesday Sept. 10: Brahms, Bach
- Tuesday Sept. 17: Beethoven, Bach
- Tuesday Sept. 24: Brahms
- Tuesday Oct. 1: Beethoven, Bach
- Tuesday Oct. 8: Sectionals
- Tuesday Oct. 15: Brahms with soloist
- Tuesday Oct. 22, 7:00-10:00 dress rehearsal at AUDI: Brahms, Beethoven, Bach
- Saturday Oct. 26, 7:30 concert at AUDI: Concert order is Beethoven, Bach, intermission, Brahms
- Beethoven Egmont Overture: https://imslp.org/
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3: https://imslp.org/wiki/
Brandenburg_Concerto_No.3_in_ G_major,_BWV_1048_(Bach,_ Johann_Sebastian)
- Brahms Violin Concerto: https://imslp.org/
2019 Board Meetings:
Monday, August 12, 7:00 p.m. Location is Brunner House
Monday, September 23, 7:00 p.m. Location is Brunner House
Monday, October 21, 7:00 p.m. Location is TBD
Monday, November 11, 7:00 p.m. Location is Brunner House
Monday, December 9, 7:00 p.m. Location is Brunner House